I suggest you ...

Improve statistics for Meetings and Focus Hours

There are three parameters that can be taken into consideration for improved statistics of MEETINGS:

1) Show As [ Free | Working Elsewhere | Tentative | Busy | Out of office ]
2) Number of attendees [ None | Meeting Organizer | Required Attendee | Optional Attendee | Resource ]
3) Private [ True | False ]

MyAnalytics currently only pick up the following as Meeting time:
BUSY + <NotMeOnly>

However, I would suggest that BUSINESS MEETINGS would consist of the following as positives:
Private = False
Number of attendees = <not> None
Show as = BUSY or OUT-OF-OFFICE (or WORKING ELSEWHERE)

In the same sense, PRIVATE/PERSONAL MEETINGS would consist of the following as positives:
Private = True
Number of attendees = <not> None
Show as = BUSY or OUT-OF-OFFICE

This would also give the possibility of improvide statistics of FOCUS TIME with the following as positives:
Private = False
Number of attendees = None
Show as = BUSY or OUT-OF-OFFICE or WORKING ELSEWHERE

The LENGTH of these items could be ANY, but probably no longer than 23:59 hours. E.g. a very effective decision meeting could be 15 minutes only, or FOCUS TIME where you resolve an activity and use calendar for journaling that task, as you may very effectively focus on resolving multiple tasks in a row and keep track of each of them by having assigned short time slots for resolution in your calendar.

10 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Henrik AnderssonHenrik Andersson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rajesh MunshiRajesh Munshi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Henrik,

Thanks very much for using MyAnalytics and providing great suggestions!

We consider the Private flag today while computing the time spent in meetings. Any meetings marked as Private are not included in our meeting computation. We also include time marked as out-of-office and don't consider it while calculating the focus time.

Today we consider the focus time to be at least 2 hours long. Your suggestion is very valid that the length can be any. We will investigate how we can allow the user to configure the length of the focus time.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Feedback and Knowledge Base